Saturday 19 September 2015

Brush care

What's up guys ?
Today I was really struggling to come up with ideas for a new post, as I was thinking about this I looked over at my dirty brushes and realised that they needed a clean. so I thought I would talk you through my personal brush care routine and why you need to wash your brushes on a regular basis.

Why do I need to wash my brushes ? 

when your applying your makeup your brushes pick up dirt and germs from your skin and face. Then when you are putting your brushes back on your skin they are putting the germs back onto your face ( one of the reasons you get clogged pores and spots ! Eww !) I know this fact sounds disgusting but unfortunately it's extremely true. That's why you need to wash your brushes regularly. 


How regularly should I wash them?

Well it depends on how they look and by this I mean if they are CAKED in makeup then they definitely need a wash but if you think they are all right you can leave them for a bit. I usually wash my brushes at least every week to  2 weeks as I don't wear makeup that much. if you are a person who would wear makeup every day then I would definitely stick to a routine of washing your brushes every week. I know that one of my friends washes her brushes every Sunday, which I personally think it's a good idea to get into a habit.


How do I wash them? 

To wash my brushes I use my sink and all I do is just put them all in lukewarm water with normal hand soap and leave them to soak for about 2 minutes. After that I then pick each brush  and individually massage soap through their bristles as it gets any leftover makeup out and makes them look so much cleaner then all I do is ring out any excess water and leave them on the radiator to dry overnight. Usually this takes about 12 hours for them to properly dry out.


 I hope you enjoyed that little q and a on how to wash your brushes if you would like any more information on anything said in this post please leave a comment below. Remember to check out my Instagram ( @b1tsandbeautyy ) where I post reviews and beauty related posts. Also makeupwithmolly and I are having a giveaway when our instagrams reach 500 followers if you would like to check that out.

Until next time 
Lots of love and hugs 
B1tsandbeutyy xxx 

P.S - I am so sorry I didn't put any pictures in this post ! I didn't want you to see my dirty brushes ! I promise next post I will post some pics :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment